1. Exploring Los Remedios- an area of Seville. We walked along Calle Asunción, a quaint street of restaurants and shops. We ate at a Mexican restaurant, which was surprisingly delicious. The best surprise was that, despite our refusal, they gave us free tequila shots with the check. Very curious if this is a customary action of Spanish Mexican restaurants or if the waitress just really liked us, but either way, I won't complain. Except for the fact that it was 2 in the afternoon, but hey, I was raised to never say no to free things.
2. After walking along Calle Asunción, we decided to take a paddleboat out on the river. This was the most peaceful, beautiful experience you could imagine. We had an hour of just laying out on the river, in a paddleboat, drinking mojitos. They also forgot to charge us for the paddleboat, so it was just a day of free treats!
On Friday, my special interest group, which is based around sports, took a trip to Cadiz for hiking. Of course, it started pouring the second we began to hike (why wouldn't it? Southern Spain is in a huge drought, but of course it would rain when we are hiking). So, we got back on the bus and went to the end of the trail, and by then it had stopped raining, so we hiked a little bit. The hike was along the ocean, and it was beautiful. If you looked really hard, you could see outlines of some mountains in the distance across the ocean, and we were informed this land was Africa!! He said on less cloudy days Africa was more visible. I wish we could have completed the entire hike, the view I got to see in the 20 minutes I was there was unreal.

No comments:
Post a Comment