Monday, February 13, 2012

Quick note

Some of you probably noticed how often I wrote about food. No, I am not a food obsessed fat ass (although I do have a sweet tooth and I'm not exactly getting skinnier..) but food is a huge part of the culture here, in spain and other parts of Europe, so it's an important part of my experience.
Meal time is when families gather. I know it's similar in the US, but it's even more structured and important here. People come home from work to have lunch with their families then go back. Food is a key element to the Spanish culture, which is why I mention it so much (and because I jut want to make you all jealous of the Unbelievable things I consume each day). Also, walking down the street, no matter what time of day, you will see people sitting outside the pastry shops and cafes eating a quick bite with their friends or loved ones. So, just wanted to clear up the reason I discuss it so much (mainly because my dad commented on it and I figured he couldn't be the only one thinking it).


That's all, just wanted to clear up any question of why food has been a huge part of this blog when it was not meant to be a food blog (although maybe I should start one of those) and that it had to do with more than my sweet tooth.
Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment