Thursday, February 9, 2012

La Catedral



So my biggest highlight of this past week was visiting Seville's Cathedral. One of the biggest in the world. The view from the top was BEAUTIFUL. You could literally see the whole city. It took 34 flights of ramps (yes, ramps, not stairs because the kings way back in the day needed to be pushed up in a little cart to go up there), which were exhausting, but it was completely worth it for the view.





The only other real highlights of the week are all food related (of course). My host mom made cheeseburgers the other day...delicious, and perfect because I was having an American craving. She made them from scratch, so they were a bit different than the frozen ones my dad just throws on the grill, but they were delicious. My host family has quickl learned my love for chocolate. They know that even when I say I'm full after a meal, I will still eat chocolate. They keep a constant supply for me in the house (which is more than my real mother does...hint hint).
I've also continued taste testing the pastries and gelatos around the city too trying to find my favorite. So far, they are all great, and after I sample more I will let you know my favorite. I have, however, found my favorite frozen yogurt place - Llao Llao. The only froyo I've ever had that even comes close is Pinkberry. This puts Sweetgreen and GW gym froyo to shame.

...my froyo. How delicious does that look? my favorite part is the chocolate, it's the kind that hardens. and they even put some on the spoon so I literally get some with every bite. My mouth is watering.


Oh I almost forgot, the lowlight of my week: seeing my Patriots lose the superbowl:( Although, despite the loss, I had a cool experience. Watching America's most important event of the year from Spain was probably something I'll never do again. It felt like I was in America, the bar was all Americans, the tv was in English, and the food was American. It was nice, it felt like home. Only downside (Besides the loss...still bitter) was missing all the American commercials.

I'm jetsetting to Paris tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll have more to update after that.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment