Monday, January 30, 2012

Granada

So this weekend I took a trip to Granada, Spain through my program. It was beautiful - the city is basically a valley between two mountains. Our hotel was right on top of a mountain. I am going to stop complaining about the walking I do here in Seville, because in Granada all I did was walk up and down a mountain. Glad I chose to study in Seville. The most significant thing we did was tour the Alhambra. For those of you who remember history (I've managed to erase every history class I've ever taken from my memory, but once I was reminded the details of this I vaguely remembered), you've probably studied it. It's HUGE. It was beautiful, on top of a mountain with gorgeous views, however, the tour through it took FOUR HOURS, which was completely unnecessary. We did, however, eat at a delicious restaurant. We actually chose an Italian restaurant (despite the fact that Granada is known for its tapas...oops), and it was some of the best food I've had here yet.

the Alhambra
cutest child ever...I don't know if I mentioned yet that Spanish kids are the most adorable kids I've ever seen. Some of you might know I have a weakness for children, I have to resist not stealing one of these cuties.





I'll briefly mention Seville a bit more - I've been in a two week intense grammar class (today starts the 2nd week), for three hours M-F. It's extremely boring. I'm ready for real classes to start so I can have a routine, they start next week. I've started running, which is necessary to make up for all the pastry and fried food I eat (that's basically the entire Spanish cuisine), and found two great routes. One is right along the river, and one is through a great park. I can't complain. I'm very excited that I booked my first trip, I'll be going to Paris in two weeks!

Hasta Luego,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment