Flights went well. British airways is an EXCELLENT airline (Yeah i sound like an advertisement, but i had 2 layovers which sucked but british airways was great, especially because the entire crew had british accents...my favorite).
Orientation is still happening, we were in a hotel the first few days (BEAUTIFUL hotel). I became friends with my roommate and we became friends with other people, so that all worked out. Today I moved into the homestay. I was freaking out, had a minor panic attack because i lost my suitcase at the hotel...asked some girl on my program to watch it while I went to do something, came back, it was gone, and she had no idea where it went...rude. I had to talk to a million people...fully in spanish...before I FINALLY found it. I was almost in tears, but I guess my Spanish was good enough to figure it out. Anyway, my family is good, I'm in a neighborhood with a lot of other students, so thats good. I live with a couple and their 32 year old son (thats normal here). There's also another American here who is studying abroad for the year (been here since fall) so I think that will be a big help to me. I've had to use a LOT of Spanish, and it's been hard, but this fmaily is patient and wants to help me, which is also good. They've hosted plenty of times before, I think. It's nice - my room is not too cold (I heard many houses don't have heat), I have perfect wifi, and me and the other American have a bathroom, and kind of a wing of the apartment, to ourselves. Below are pictures of my bedroom.


Also, Seville is the most beautiful place I've ever been. Walking trhough this city is unreal, I feel like I'm in a movie. I'll post pictures of the city soon, don't worry, but trust me, it's gorgeous.
I'll write more later, gotta go to bed. Buenas noches!
No comments:
Post a Comment