So this past week I didn't have school because of La Feria, a giant festival in Seville. I literally felt like I was in mideival times. Horses were galloping around the streets, women were in Feria dresses (no, I did not wear one, despite my SeƱora's requests), and men were in suits. It's 7 days and 7 nights of eating, drinking and dancing.
The festival started Sunday at midnight, when they turned the lights of the main gate on. Then, everyone rushed in to an area with over 1000 tents, each owned by individual families. These tents are exclusive, you need to have a connection to get in, which made it difficult for us at first, but then we met up with our Spanish friends. Needless to say, we had our fair share of Manzanilla, the alcohol they drink at feria, sort of a type of wine. We went a few times during the day, and a few times at night, and eventually we got tired of the flamenco music, and fled to Portugal for the weekend (which is my next post).



No comments:
Post a Comment