Monday, April 30, 2012

Lagos, Portugal

So this past weekend, a few of my friends and I went on an organized trip to Lagos, Portugal. The beaches were the most beautiful things I have ever seen, although the weather was not. The trip started off with an early 4 hour bus ride, where the annoying girls in front of us would not shut up and let me sleep. We soon found out that on this trip there was a giant group of 60 kids that were all best friends from the same program, and since they were sort of a cult (and seemed straight off the Jersey Shore), it was difficult for my friends and I to socialize with them, but we made the best of it.

Anyway, we first dropped our stuff off at the hotel. The hotel was actually pretty decent, and we were RIGHT on the beach. Then, we went on a Sangria Sailboat, which was a bit chilly but pretty fun. We had unlimited sangria and were on a boat in the beautiful water. We also took individual trips on a smaller boat where we weaved in and out of caves. Those were pretty neat. Later we went out for dinner at an AMAZING burger place, the only place I've had that's comparable to America. We then went to a club for a party thrown by our trip's organizers, which was also a good time.


The next day we went to some cliffs over the water, and then headed to one of the beaches of Lagos. This beach was gorgeous. We got lucky enough that we had about 2 hours of tanning, before it began to rain. Luckily, when the rain began, we had already gone inside a beach restaurant for lunch, but sadly we had to cut the beach time short.



That night, we went to Cabo San Vicente, which our trip refers to as "the end of the world"  to watch the sunset. It was a bit cloudy, but we still got to see enough of the sunset to really appreciate its beauty. We then ate dinner, and went to another party.


The last day was scheduled as a beach day. Luckily, it didn't rain, however it was much too windy and cold to go to the beach. So, my friends and I decided to walk around the center. The center was nice, very quaint and pretty, right on the water. Many of the stores were closed due to the fact it was a Sunday, which was kind of a bummer.

I'm pretty sad this was my last trip, however it ended on a good note. Despite the weather, Lagos was definitely one of the prettiest places I've ever been, and I'd love to go back one day in the summer, when I can really take advantage of the beautiful beaches.

1 comment: